Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Argent is on a distinguished road

Considering moving back to the UK

Hi everyone, I've been looking around and haven't found any situation that remotely resembles mine, so I thought I'd create an account, post it here and hope. Basically, I'm the child of an expat, both my parents are British citizens, but my mother claims birth and blood, neither of them has lived in the UK for seventeen years. Although I was born in Britain and spent the my first two years there, the rest of my live has been spent abroad in Lebanon (with almost yearly visits back).
      Now that I've reached my university years I'm considering going back to live there permanently and continue my education. The thing is that, if I go, I would be operating with very little parental financial support so I would have to rely on a student loan to fund my degree. Unfortunately, I do not know if I would be eligible as neither of my parents own property there and I have found nothing official on expats in general, let alone half-breed almost adults who've lived abroad all their lives, so I've no idea what I would be entitled to if I went back. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated :-)

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep
      Madame Jane is on a distinguished road

Sorry!

I'm afraid you need 3 years residents in the UK before the beginning of the course to be considered a home student.
      Common sense is not a gift, It's a punishment.
      Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it!

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep

Here's the answer to your question.

Copy and paste this link to read it, as you cannot click it, its a PDF file.

http://sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/391986/eligible.pdf

Unless you have address in the UK that you can use like relatives for example, even your parents live abroad all this time. Try to register to vote from your relatives address in UK as a proof of address. Your may yet be considered as ordinarily resident if you have address to use in the UK.

Title
      Liked
      26 times
      Rep