Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
      travel lover

Missing My Favourite Food!

Hiya - love Dubai but missing my Bovril, Digestives and Cheese & Onion Crisps - anyone know where I can stock up on my favourite foods from the UK and are there some things that I just won't be able to get (so had better ask friends to leave room in their suitcase when they come to visit?!) Thanks v much!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Liz H

Brit Foods

Saw an ad on line for Britsuperstore.com I didn't check out everything, but there seemed to be a good selection of things -- Walkers Crisps, Marmite, Branston pickle, Roses chocolates and M & S foods were also mentioned.
      We can get all those things here , in Canada.

Liz

Doz
      OOh im going to check those sites out, i have a list a mile long of things i miss and cant get. I wonder if they will ship to Vnam.
      Thanks for those Sheena.

I miss chocolate, real decent chocolate. Infact i would love a chunky kitkat with my morning coffee right now!

Liz H

British Food

Hi Doz,

Just had part of a Kitkat bar after dinner . I get them at my local supermarket. There are some advantages to being in Canada.

Cheers Liz

Doz
      Ooooh, im soooo jealous Liz. Oh well, i suppose a kitkat for breakfast was not the healthiest of choices.

Liz H

Food

Hi Sheena,
      Thanks to Robin S I was introduced to a great Indian food restaurant, not in one of our major centres, but what is a relatively small town; see Tandoori restaurant .
      Another good reason to live in Canada-- yes--- even a small town.
      Cheers, Liz

Liz H

Kitkat bars

Hi Doz,
      AS long as the rest of the day's meals are balanced -- does it really matter?
      Check out the websites . They may very well deliver.
      Cheers Liz

Liz H

Food

Hi Sheena,
      I have always found that food cooked by other people always tastes better. Probably because you don't have to do the preparation, or smell it as it cooks.
      What a good idea to e-mail the companies Sheena . You're a good egg!
      Liz
      Last edited by Liz H; 30-09-2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Addition

Doz
      I agree with you both, food always tastes so much better when cooked by someone else.
      I love curry, i made beef curry a few nights ago. Now all this talk of curry has made me want another. It could possibly make another appearance on tonights menu
      Im going to look at those sites later today and see what goodies i can get
      Thanks for those Sheena

Doz
      Yes, tonights pork curry is already in progress.
      Pork because the pork here is delicious and also thats the only meat i have in at the moment. Washed down with a couple of cold beers.

Mmm, i cant wait.

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast