Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Doz
      Glad to hear it turned out well this time Sheena.

Enjoy!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Andy Chapman
      Hot or not Sheena. I like mine fairly hot otherwise to me it's not a curry.
      What meat did you use this time.

traveller
      Quote Originally Posted by Doz View Post
      I miss chocolate, real decent chocolate. Infact i would love a chunky kitkat with my morning coffee right now!
      Kitkat here is manufactured by Hershey's - bluurggh

I've definitely lost my sweet-tooth since moving although I always buy a box of Thornton's chocs when I'm in the UK!! At least I can get Marmite and PG Tips here - we've got an 'International' section in our local supermarket and in the British section they sell - curry!!

gillyb221
      When I first moved out here I used to be forever bringing things over with me on visits home, HP Sauce, Salad Cream, Branston. I often send SOS messages home "Mum I have run out of salad cream" and luckily it will only take a few days for stuff to arrive. I can remember a friend coming to visit and bringing 2 huge 1kg jars of Branston which lasted me ages. Its only recently I noticed that once open you are supposed to eat up in 6 weeks and I definitely had one of those jars open for at least 6 months. As time has gone by I do need things less and less but I think I amused a security woman at Stansted last week when she was searching my bag and was bringing out my Paxo, Atora and Bisto gravy.

traveller
      Okay this might be a bit girly and it's not food but it's driving me nuts. Sure deodorant spray. I can buy the rollerball over here but not the spray can. And as you girls will know the rollerballs still leave those annoying white marks on your clothes no matter what they say. Whenever I go back I buy tons of those spray cans!! They haven't taken them out of my suitcase yet and I'd hate to have to explain it to a security guy!!:twitcy:

Doz
      Since we are at it i have to say i miss my body cream and my mascara that i have used for so long.

Ooh yes, Walkers cheese & onion crisps, i pay a fortune right now for some of those

Liz H
      Ooh yes, Walkers cheese & onion crisps, i pay a fortune right now for some of those[/quote]

Saw some today as well as Thorntons Chocolates in The Scottish Shop , fairly close to where I live. Bought the chocs, as well as Garibaldi biscuits, and other goodies.
      Liz
      Last edited by Liz H; 25-10-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Doz
      Liz, i used to live down the road from the Thorntons factory, i ate them for years and years. They have to be the best chocs ever in my opinion. Yum yum! Enjoy your goodies Liz

Liz H
      Quote Originally Posted by Doz View Post
      Liz, i used to live down the road from the Thorntons factory, i ate them for years and years. They have to be the best chocs ever in my opinion. Yum yum! Enjoy your goodies Liz
      Hi Doz,
      Thanks I will

Liz H
      hiya liz!
      have you not ordered anything off the shops that i posted on here earlier near the start of the thread??
      they will ship to anywhere, and they do sell walkers crisps!!! LOL!

sheena [/quote]

Hi Sheena,
      It's easier for me to go to the Supermarket and the little shop down town. I can get everything I want there.

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast