Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      vishal is on a distinguished road

Salary expectations - Qatar

Hello all

I have an interview at Qatar Airways next week, they have asked me to come with salary expectations in mind...so I was hoping to get some guidance from you all.

The package is by and large made up of basic salary + housing allowance + transportation allowance.

The interview is for a role in their Corporate Planning department - I actually don't know futher details the role as I believe it is for a new area that is being set up.

I have 6 years of airline experience in the UK (Engineering, Ops and Commercial Strategy)and first class hons degree in Engineering.

Basic Salary:
      Any ideas on the kind of premium I could expect when compared to a UK salary? (equivelant role in the UK i'm guessing is c. 45K GBP gross). I understand there is no employment tax - are there any other taxes to pay?

Housing Allowance:
      What levels could I expect for a 1 bed furnished appartment in a decent area (any recommendations on areas to stay - ideally not to far from the Qatar Airways HQ)? What is the current approx rental rates?

Transportation allowance:
      How much could I expect?

Others:
      What is 'the norm' for pensions, medical cover etc? (covered by company?)

Many thanks for your help.

Vish

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      Hi Vishal and welcome to the forum.

Lots of questions there... who wants to throw some answers Vishals way?
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980