Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      dlaw

Solicitor/Lawyer Looking for Work in the UAE

Hello Forumites,

I'm a solicitor with at least 12 years pqe in company secretarial and commercial practice.I 've been searching for work in the UAE through various employment agencies for the past 2 years but have had no luck. I honestly believe i'm as good a commercial contracts solicitor and excellent legal drafter as anyone (though not a native born English language speaker). Based in Lagos presently.

I'll describe myself as a low maintenance person and will accept any fair-enough offers for either in-house or law firm work. I really will appreciate the kind assistance of forumites.

Thanks

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi and welcome to the forum, you will probably have more chance once you are in the country. Have you looked to see if you can get a working visa?

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      MoveHub is on a distinguished road
      Hi dlaw,

As Ktee said you will need to find a company in Dubai that will sponsor you to get a work permit, otherwise it is very hard/impossible to get residency.

If you do decide to move we've written a guide for expats moving to Dubai http://www.movehub.com/uae/dubai/move-to-dubai-from-uk

If you have 12 years legal experience I don't expect you'll find it too hard to find a sponsor!