Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Doz

Thread: is it too late ?

Bullishboy66

is it too late ?

to join the expat community of Dubai ?, I'm a very positive person both in private and in Business, loving wife and son and working for a top tier Investment Bank in IT. Ok so we all know the World Economy is taking a beating right now !, I'm also hearing reports that Dubai is feeling the pinch too, particulary in terms of real estate, ie significant increases in rentals, high end companies laying off staff. Whilst I am confident that I can secure employment in Dubai I wonder if the package will go far enough to ensure a comfortable standard of living. Both my wife and I are well travelled and have lived abroad before so are certainly not daunted by a potential move to Dubai.
      Grateful for any expat views on Dubai and the region in the current climate.

Regards
      Bullishboy66

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Andy Chapman
      Welcome to our Forum BB66 not too sure if there are any expats from the middle east on this forum.
      A programme last night had Dubai as being very expensive, good luck in your decision

Doz
      Hi Bullishboy,
      we have a friend who works in Dubai and has said that people are being laid of and very few jobs available right now. Also its hellishly expensive. Thats not to say it wouldn't work for you there but i would do a great deal of research first and secure a job, once you know the salary you have coming in you can work out what sort of lifestyle you can afford.
      Good luck with it,my friend says its a great place to live so i hope you get to achieve your dream
      Andy Chapman likes this.