Anyone Brits doing an oversea assignment as part their work?
Hi, I am a university student in the UK. As part of my course I need to carry out some research about the support provided to expatriates or people from Britain that are doing an international assignment as part of their work. (The location could be anywhere in the world)
Have any of you been or currently working outside the UK for longer than a year? If so could you please answer the following questions? (You can keep the company you work for anonymous if you wish to do so and your name.)
1) How long have you been working in the location you are at?
2) What support was provided to you by the company when you were leaving the UK (cross cultural training, financial support, help finding accommodation, language training?
3) Will you be offered support from the company you work in upon return to Britain. If so what kind of support?
4) Any suggestion you would like the company to have done for you to support you more in the host country (e.g. more financial support, training etc)?
5) Anything else you would like to add?
Thank you for your time and consideration. All information will be used for the purpose of my assignment. If you would like to email me your answers please feel free to do so on: email@example.com. If you have any further questions please free to contact me on this forum or my email address.
Thanks once again