Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
      Mark and Jo

Anyone wanting to move to States???

The states was a choice that I had suggested before we moved to Oz. Would anyone else move to USA and if so what are your reasons?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      FiFi
      Hi everyone! Once upon a time I had thought about it but it was too difficult. I now think thank goodness we didn't.
      I had never done any sort of reckie and then last year we were there on holiday. Everything seemed massive and sprawling and I couldn't really see the myself and the familt fitting in.

In the end we opted for Canada. I like it here. it has the seasons, the locals are friendly. Never say never but I maybe drawn to Australia to.

Why did you choose Australia Mark & Jo? Was it the weather, jobs?

Mark and Jo
      We had family here and it was kinda fate really! Everything slotted into place from the minute I located the nursing agency to get us out here! Been here over three years now!

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      Before we were married Nigel and I seriously considered Canada, then work, wedding, kids etc., took over and before we knew it another 10 years had passed. Counting the years until retirement in Spain. Had thought of America, I love going there, but couldn't see myself living there. Went to visit my brother in Brissy in 2005 - both loved Australia and thought "I could live there" - hubby said "we're still only half way through our working lives you know - we should consider it" The rest (as they say is history), but we moved to WA rather than QLD
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

sinetta007
      I moved from London to California, have great property and a wonderful quality of life including toys, education and a great career.

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
      Hi sinetta,

What do you mean by 'Toys'?
      Have you got a dirty mind there Jayne??

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      LOL - It's just mind that must be constantly in the gutter. :goofy:

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Ye - I know - I was only kidding. I was in Huoston earlier in May - Wow they have some awsome gizmos available. I went into the apple shop and was amazed by the touch screen IPOD - i loved it, however didn't know whether or not it would play here in Oz. Considerably cheaper to.

Tamarapig

WE need a good phone service here!! Any ideas??

We've been in the STates for 3 yrs now and up to now have been using Lingo, so we can phone home anytime at a low price. They're crap though and we're having trouble with them lately. Anyone advice on another internet based phone service?? Phoning Britain is my LIFELINE, as I just can't relate to Americans at all and generally pretty much fall out with eveyrone I meet because I'm not prepared to tolerate their "gun totin" "it's all about me" attitude. More about that later but now I just need a PHONE! Any help appreciated! Thanks!

boudicca
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark and Jo View Post
      The states was a choice that I had suggested before we moved to Oz. Would anyone else move to USA and if so what are your reasons?
      I'm here but because I am married to an American. Our town is west of DC which is very charming full of old mansions and an actual old town where you can walk on pavements like we could in England. My husband bought the house here for us as it reminded me of England. However, I have lived in other parts of this State closer to DC that were not as nice. Each State is so different ... it depends on what you are looking for ... many Americans (my husband being one) for example would never live in Florida however, there is a huge British Expat community there who seem to love it.

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast