Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      tobyandalice

Aspirations to move to US

Me (Toby) and My girlfriend Alice are bored of the UK and are looking to escape to the US. We need help!
      Im a 22 year old editor/camera operator and all round media techy graduated college with a distinction in BTEC Media and moving image.
      Alice works for the Government (student loans) and she is 18 we're very much in love (marriage maybe on the cards but we'll see)
      basically we are looking for help/advice on what to do steps to take and to basically find out how much of a chance we have of doing it!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Christine Shaaban is on a distinguished road
      Hello Toby and Alice. Welcome.

Can I be blunt? Don't do it.
      Getting a visa without a job (ie sponsored by your employer) or highly skilled work experience is not going to happen.
      And to be honest living here without a well paid job is no "escape". The US is not a place you want to be without be able to afford a decent lifestyle.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      taurus23uk is on a distinguished road
      I would somewhat agree that moving out without a job would be a bad idea. In most situations you would require a social security card to be able to legally work. There are ways around this by you being a subcontractor with a foreign based entity but this is rarely seen in anything other than major multi national industries.

Howver, being from Darlington (an area i know well as i used to work for Orange) i see why you would want to make the move for sure.