Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Basic advice needed

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      There lies a problem Purp, my mate died (like a lot of police offiers who retire) early and is buried in Florida. I did not get the chance to ask how he did it once we hooked up again after retirement.

There is one other bit of advice I have that is really for anyone coming up to retirement, early or otherwise, set yourself up as a part time buisness as a handyman. Only all you work on is your own property, look at it as getting the house ready to sell before moving abroad. Pay yourself a hourly "wage" if you want to see an income. Work on your house doing everything and get it finished before you retire and give up the "big Wage" If needs be sub contract out for bigger/trickier jobs (landscape the garden maybe). You will have to pay of course. Then when you retire you have some small savings from your part time work and you have got your house up to spec before you start living on a pension.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      That's a shame. I think it happens to a lot of people, not only Police officers, T. The big slow down just doesn't suit some people.
      Absolutely excellent advice though, Tony. I guess too many people that are coming up to retirement age don't think of that. Makes a lot of sense when you think about it....
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12