Thread: Break the news to your child

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Christine Shaaban is on a distinguished road

Cool Break the news to your child

Hello everybody,

We will be moving to the Boston area in the new year (yes, I know I still got a while to go....) with our 8 year old daughter.
      She of course does not know this yet and we are not planning to tell until October when we are most likely going to have our "relocation visit".

But how do we go about it?
      She has to leave all what she knows behind, including her BFF ...
      Don't know how to go about it and any advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
      Christine

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hi we moved from the UK to Oz with 2 little ones. My youngest was too young to fully understand what was happening and was ok as long as she had mum and dad with her. My son was just 8 and we told him as soon as we knew it was definately happening. We showed him pictures of where we going, schools he could possibly attend ,we talked openly to him about it , we let him know it was ok to be sad about leaving friends and family and that once we got here he could make lots of new friends.
      It worked for us and i couldnt have asked for a better relocation from the kids point of view. Both settled really well, made lots of friends and now 4 years later know this is home and are happy with it.

Good Luck
      Cal x
      Aldo and Christine Shaaban like this.

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Liked
      372 times
      Rep
      ophidian is on a distinguished road
      We were sat around the table one night at meal time and we asked our 2 boys (9) what they thought about going to live in England, they were both very excited about it.
      They have been twice before and they aren't your 'typical' beach, outdoor kids. The only thing they will really miss is their 2 absolute best friends.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      I think at the age of 8 it may be a little easier than when they are older. My younger two didn't have a care in the world, but my eldest threw a little tantrum saying he didn't want to leave the Uk, however, after sleeping on it he was totally fine. It may be worth going there on your reccie (relocation visit) make sure she has the time of her life and then say would you like to live here.
      Christine Shaaban likes this.