Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      Kellyanne1988

Clueless about moving to USA HELP!

Im 20 years old living in England and wanting to move to America and i have know idea how to go about this!!

The only qualifications i have are GCSE'S i'm currently working as a sales advisor in an established shop ive done Admin work in the past.

I'm looking to Live and work in the USA for as long as possible.

Can anyone advise me on how to get started as i am clueless.

Thanks

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Septicbrit
      Quote Originally Posted by Kellyanne1988 View Post
      Im 20 years old living in England and wanting to move to America and i have know idea how to go about this!!

The only qualifications i have are GCSE'S i'm currently working as a sales advisor in an established shop ive done Admin work in the past.

I'm looking to Live and work in the USA for as long as possible.

Can anyone advise me on how to get started as i am clueless.

Thanks
      The U.S. is one of the most difficult countries to get in to. In my experience, most folks end up here under force of circumstance rather than choice. This is because the system is niche based, and if you do not fit in to one of the narrow opportunities, there is really very little hope.

You've written nothing so far that would make me believe you have a significant chance of making it over here. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all that.

Kellyanne1988
      Yeah thats what i was expecting to be honest :( thanks anyway.

ash123

dont lose hope!

anything is possible remember, it is true especially with our current economic problems it will probably be even more difficult to get it in, and also difficult to find a job, but its not impossible. if you really want to come over here then just get ready for a lot of grueling paperwork and difficulties. but dont think its not possible.

before you obtain your green card you should start thinking about where you want to move, because there is a wide variety of houses, prices, terrain, and people all over the u.s.

Septicbrit
      Quote Originally Posted by ash123 View Post
      anything is possible remember, it is true especially with our current economic problems it will probably be even more difficult to get it in, and also difficult to find a job, but its not impossible. if you really want to come over here then just get ready for a lot of grueling paperwork and difficulties. but dont think its not possible.

before you obtain your green card you should start thinking about where you want to move, because there is a wide variety of houses, prices, terrain, and people all over the u.s.
      And on what basis do you suggest the OP self-petition for a green card? Choosing where you want to go beforehand is totally nonsensical when you have no basis to move here in the first place! US immigration is not just a matter of "grueling paperwork" -- there has to be some basis to the petition.

Ridiculous post IMVHO.

mudhoney
      It does seem a bit jumping in at the deep end Kellyanne! However, you could perhaps try a career break/gap/extended holiday over in the States to see what life is like in America, there are lots of gap programmes that do different things like that - and who knows, you might even find it's not the place for you after all!