Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      mcphee76

Don't have a 1st degree but have a Masters and Diplomas, can I still get a Job?

Hi All,

This is my first post and was hoping I may gain insight on chances of finding a Job in the US without holding a 1st degree but have a diploma in Business Administration / Management, a Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies & MSC in International Marketing.

Currently working in Banking but will be open to explore other oppurtunities as they arise. I recently got a green card and anticipate moving in a few months time.

Thanks

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Hi and welcome,

Americans wouldn't know the term '1st degree', you have a bachelors degree, then a masters degree and if you are lucky a PHD.

I am slightly confused with your post, do you mean you have a bachelors degree and a masters degree?

Have you looked into transferring to the US with the bank you work for? It's likely to be the 'easiest' route.

mcphee76
      Hi,

To clarify I dont have a bachelors degree but hold 2 diplomas & a masters degree. Not able to transfer with the bank.

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Most companies will ask for your highest qualification so you should be ok, it might cause a bit of confusion if they ask about the diplomas so just be aware of that.

I am assuming you work in Marketing?! That will be a tough one as there is an extremely high rate of unemployment here, make sure your resume is suited to the US market and that you have things that stand out. Network lots, not sure how much LinkedIn is used in your industry but I assume there will be equivalents.

Good luck :)