Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: family possibly thinking of moving to the USA

julie
      If you wait for the 'crisis' to be over you may have a wait!!! Who knows realistically how long it may go on for and will things ever improve greatly. Dont hang about get on with your life, go for it, and enjoy. Your only here once im afraid, its no rehearsal. Were thinking of a move to the west coast. My husbands employers have asked if he would be prepared to go work for them in america. Their expanding. Great opportunity, alittle daunting but exciting. So if you to have that kind of opportunity-GO FOR IT- lol jx

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      BettySwollocks
      I don't see any reason why any of the people here would ever get sponsored or petitioned as the process is known.
      I don't see any mention of and good qualifications and i mean bachelors degree in a decent subject. Even with good qualifications i would advise against getting your hopes up because of the state of the economy.
      The only hope they may have is to get transferred by a company in the UK to work in the US. Otherwise forget it.

Doz
      Lol @ your user name BettySwollocks
      BettySwollocks likes this.

BettySwollocks
      Quote Originally Posted by Doz View Post
      Lol @ your user name BettySwollocks
      Its the first thing that came into my mind really after experiencing the 115 degree heat in Arizona and resulting frequent state of my nads.

jim
      Hi everyone

i might of found a way to get onto the states just by purchasing a small buisness
      and applying for a e2 visa anyone have any tips???????

Dreamcatcher1

Hello

My family and I are on holiday in America as I post this message to you. It seems so strange that we are thinking exactly the same things as you are. We have been holidaying in America for the past 12 years and really want to move out here but all the avenue's we have tried seem to be blocked. We are both finance people, I have been working for a bank for 30 years and my husband is a financial advisor and has been for the past 10 years and a successful one at that. We have 2 houses, 2 cars, a big caravan and 2 children (10 and 7) who like us want to pack up England and move to a country we really feel at home in. If you get any good advice or tips would you be prepared to share them with us?

It would be great to hear from you.

Long live America

traveller
      Hi Dreamcatcher,

Whereabouts on holiday are you??

Dreamcatcher1
      Hi

We've returned to Orlando Florida for the first time in 3 years. For the past two years we have been going to South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee. Next summer we plan to rent an RV for 3 / 4 weeks to spend at least 1 week in Disney's Fort Wilderness - it's awesome!

We are all smiles at the moment but must return on tuesday - how sad is that!

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher1 View Post
      Hi

We've returned to Orlando Florida for the first time in 3 years. For the past two years we have been going to South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee. Next summer we plan to rent an RV for 3 / 4 weeks to spend at least 1 week in Disney's Fort Wilderness - it's awesome!

We are all smiles at the moment but must return on tuesday - how sad is that!
      At the risk of sounding to heavy here - what attracts you to the Great USA? Is it the weather, the people or something else?

Dreamcatcher1
      I suppose it's a mixture of many things, the climate, the people and the country itself. We are both keen to continue working if we could get over there but it seems impossible. I myself have been to a number of countries but America is the only place that makes me feel at home and the family feel the same way too. Once of the reasons we have been staying away from Florida is the fact that we prefer to be with the locals whilst we are away from England and not seeing the English at every turn. The areas we have also covered to the ones I have told you about already is Los Angeles, Hawaii, San Fransisco, New York, Washington and Alabama. One day we might be lucky enough to have covered all 52!!

Mind you our 10 year old has been told that when he is older he needs to marry an American (thats the only sure way we can find to get into the country!)

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast