I recently graduated from University and will be going back in October to start a Masters degree in social research that will take me through until October 2016, after that I'd really like to leave London for a little while. I'm looking for a bit of an adventure and after a few visits to America (more specifically New York) am pretty certain I want to move out there for at least a year.
Is this feasible? from what I've seen Visa's seem to be a real pain and are year long working visa's a thing?

If anyone has any tips or advice it would be much appreciated.