Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By purple

    Thread: H4 visa + Green Card app -- Can I work?

    1. #1

      H4 visa + Green Card app -- Can I work?

      Hi there,
      When we move to NYC in October I will be the happy but unemployable holder of an H4 visa. Once my application process for a Green Card is underway does anyone know if I will be eligible to apply for my employment authorisation document?
      Thanks all,

    2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
    3. #2
      Exactly what are you hoping to convert to, an H1?

    4. #3
      I'd still be an H4 but applying for permanent residency. I think?

    5. #4
      You're moving to the USA on an H4 because a member of your family has an H1 or similar? Would that be it?

    6. #5
      Yes, that's right. My husband will be the H1.

    7. #6
      The EAD requires a pending I-485.
      Once your husband starts his I-485 AOS for LPR status, and adds you to his petition as his dependent, you should be able to apply for your own EAD.
      Rachel likes this.

    8. #7
      That's what I was hoping for. Okay, thanks for discussing.

    9. #8
      You're welcome. Anytime.