Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How easy is it to move to america?

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Abfc82 is on a distinguished road
      Hi Yorkshire guy hope e you are well. I have been reading your threads regard's to making the move from UK to the US. I read about the steps you took to going about buying a business over there. I wonder if I could trouble you please for the Brokers details ? I would like to make contact with him/her to discuss possible options for moving to the states and gaining residency by busing a business. If there is any information you could give me I would very much appreciated.
      I am 34 and wife is 29. I am qualified fairly highly in the IT field. And wife is a teacher. I am keen to see what businesses are available for purchase and also if you have any contacts for business advisors that you mentioned.
      Thank you so much in advance.

Alex.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      katzgar is on a distinguished road
      what sort of business? IT types are in short supply so dont dismiss that as an option. google is your friend. RE agents are all over the place so that will depend on your destination.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      britinspain is on a distinguished road
      Its a shame Yorkshire guys no longer posting, an update would be a great source of information for many people.

An E-2 visa is an easy way to move to the US but is not a permanent solution, if you close your business you have to leave, if you retire you have to leave, when your kids reach 21 they either have to leave or get their own visa, the business you run is also up for a periodic inspection and if deemed not profitable or run correctly you can be given 90 days to sell everything and leave the US !

Be very careful with this and do plenty of research, there are many brits stuck in limbo with this visa and a quick google will bring up more info, a group are currently lobbying for E-2 visa holders to become permanent residents down the road but at the moment this is just a dream.
      Last edited by britinspain; 25-08-2016 at 11:43 AM.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123