• 1 Post By Serra

Thread: Imigration to the US

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      swan789 is on a distinguished road

Imigration to the US

Hi guys, I could do with some help please because myself (a full uk citizen since birth living in the uk) and a very close friend (living in the us and a us citizen) have decided in the next couple of years we want to live together in the US so we can start up a new life of our own, weve been close friends for 5 years and talk to each other daily the only thing stopping us is the thousands of miles between us.

I personally think it would be much easier for them to come to england but they don't want to leave the US and me well I love the UK but I dont like where its going especially in my home town and would lpve tp get away and start fresh Anyway ive not got any speicific skills or qualifications really

I am a fully competent painter and decorator working for the family business and have worked on stately homes and other amazing places and homes but I do not have any qualifications for this on paper despite doing it for 5+ years now but the way they decorate in the US is differant from way I'm aware they use sprays where as we do it all by hand.

what I would like to know is my trade without any thing on paper going to mean anything when applying to imigrate to the US ive looked on the embassy website for London and I dont really have any ideas where to start... So is the dream of moving to america going to be feesable and where on earth would I start and what to do to be elegable for the rights to work and live in the US? thanks guys

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Serra is on a distinguished road

In Your Case I would Suggest This

If you do have any savings you can become an investor in USA and run your own small business. This way you will be able to live and work in USA.

I do not want to give any other options to you since as I see from your message you work for a family business already in UK which is a positive factor.

Blessings,
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      jibsymalone is on a distinguished road
      When you say start a life with, are you referring to a romantic involvement? if so (and you are of opposite sexes, same sex marriage and USCIS don't go together) then a fiancee or spouse visa may be a possible path forward available to you. the E2 option as mentioned by Serra is another possibility if you have the $$$$$ to invest in a start up business. other than that i think you will struggle, even with your experience. The US is one of, if not the, hardest countries in the world to immigrate to.