Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      Samara Angel

Looking to move from UK to USA .. Employer already prepared to give me a job what now

I have a close friend out in the US who runs his own business , he is running the same business as my current employer so I would be doing a similar if not the same job , he is prepared to give me a permanent job out there and told me to look about how i go about it from my behalf ? Im totally clueless i cant make head or tail of anything i read on this immigration or visa sites ive read a bit about sponsership but wouldnt that cost him a fortune ? Hes's looking to help me get across there and get set up etc. Im also currently at university in the UK. Would be much appreciated if someone could please shed a bit of light on what the next step i need to take is to go over and work there

Thankyou

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Sounds a great opportunity if you can get in. Personally I would find a migration agent and let him guide you through the process.

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Hi,

Firstly it would be your friends company who would have to sort the visa not you. Secondly some of the requirements of a work visa are that the job require minimum qualifications of a degree and that the company can prove that no American citizen (USC) is available to do the job. Also you would need to complete your degree and it would have to be related to the job in question. Those are just a few of the requirements but usually the stumbling blocks.

Good luck!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      britsinoc is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Samara Angel View Post
      I have a close friend out in the US who runs his own business , he is running the same business as my current employer so I would be doing a similar if not the same job , he is prepared to give me a permanent job out there and told me to look about how i go about it from my behalf ? Im totally clueless i cant make head or tail of anything i read on this immigration or visa sites ive read a bit about sponsership but wouldnt that cost him a fortune ? Hes's looking to help me get across there and get set up etc. Im also currently at university in the UK. Would be much appreciated if someone could please shed a bit of light on what the next step i need to take is to go over and work there

Thankyou
      You need to contact the British American Business Council, they have a specific visa that allows for for business owners in the USA to bring in an itern from the UK and set them up that way.......you sound perfect for that.
      Where in the USA are you looking to go?