Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      lauradddd

Looking to move to the US

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get a few opinions etc. I am 25 years old and currently working for just a small company. I have a love interest in America and have been looking into this for the past 4 years and cannot find a single article that explains the processes in simple English. We cannot get married as it is a gay relationship, and obviously as my occupation doesn't come under an invaluable skill, I'm left with not very much to go on! Is there any other ways you can get a residency visa for the US?! HELP!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      502 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      hmmmmm i dont think so laura but very best of luck in any case. Can you retrain for an in demand skill or transfer with your current firm?

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Hi Laura,

Despite calling themselves 'the land of the free' the US is far from it! I am afraid your best option would be to look into your partner moving to where you are, your only option would have been a work visa but you have already ruled that out. :(

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      suthscomcastnet is on a distinguished road
      Well, here in Washington state Gay people can marry as of yesterday! You might want to check that out.

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by suthscomcastnet View Post
      Well, here in Washington state Gay people can marry as of yesterday! You might want to check that out.
      Sadly immigration hasn't changed though, so still no same sex visas.