Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Mental health

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Teddycat is on a distinguished road

Mental health

Hi all, I'm looking for info for my dear friend who is thinking of leaving the UK for a life in the USA. Ok so a little background, a relative has put his business into her name so work isn't an issue. The issue is she suffers with mental health problems that have in recent past needed hospital admission. She is fairly stable except for anxiety and is on a few medications . Will it be easy for her and her family to live in the US because of the business of will the mental health cause problems. The thought of them going breaks my heart but at the end of the day I want her to be happy , thank you x

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      britinspain is on a distinguished road
      I have just come back from the west coast and was upset to see so many people with obvious mental health issues with no support, the majority living on the streets, if your friend is taking on a business and its a viable one then she should get health insurance included which she looks like she may need.

Its a big step moving to another country which puts pressure on anyone, to go with anxiety will exasperate the situation , I hope she has a support network around her if she makes the move.