Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Move to CA?

n3tto23

Move to CA?

Hi,
      Me and my wife are looking into the possibility of moving to California - My father in law lives there and has residency.

Question is how difficult would it be to get a visa to work? My wife is a retail store manager at a large company & i have been self employed for 6 years in the contraction industry.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hi welcome to the forum..
      Sorry i cant help with California but hopefully someone who can will be along soon. Good Luck with everything, migrating sure can be a stressful process but is well worth it once your there,lol

Cal x

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Hi,

You said your FIL has residency, I assume you mean he has a green card? He will need to be a USC to sponsor your family for a green card and the current wait is about 10-12yrs. I doubt a retail store manager would qualify for a work visa. What exactly do you do? I don't know what the 'contraction industry' is? something to do with building? You could look into setting up or buying a business, but that doesn't lead to permanent residency and means you have to have a lot of money to start with (150K is average), google E2 visa.

HTH