Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      GMG

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      GMG is on a distinguished road

Moving to California

By the time most of you read this I'd be starting a new life living in California, USA and naturally can't wait for it to happen.

I'm originally from London but have also lived in Denmark - although that went tits up! and I found myself living in Suffolk for the past four years.

Last year was one of my best, not only did I marry an American but we now have a lovely five-month old son. My wife had tried to live in England but sadly homesickness got the better off her so it's back to the States. If given the choice, East Anglia or California? I'd know where I'd rather be!!!

There are more prospects for my son's future and we're get a lot of support from her many family and friends. I just hope the immigration/green card process etc runs smoothly and a job isn't too far away.

Interview with immigration is on Friday!!! Fingers-crossed all goes well.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Hi and welcome!

Good luck for the interview :) Have you organised a job for when you get there? That will probably be the hard part. Make sure you have health insurance organised for as soon as you get there, a lot of expats have had problems with getting health coverage straight away.

It will be great to know how you get on, so please come back and let us know :)