Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Wembley1961

Thread: Moving to the states

Fiesto

Moving to the states

Hey all, I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but I'm about to do it again.

I'm 23, unemployed and live in Scotland, I've recently been speaking to a friend of mine who lives in The States who has mentioned a large number of vacancies in the Colorado/ Wyoming area and my interest has been peaked. Ofcourse this is at a preliminary stage as I haven't spoke to any employers yet but I'm curious of the process I would have to go through if I was successful in getting the job with visas etc.

If you need any more information on myself feel free to ask an Any information on this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Fiesto; 30-03-2012 at 12:06 PM.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Sorry Fiesto, I dont know much about immigration to the USA but we do have a few members from the states, hopefully they will be along to advise. In the meantime have you looked here
      http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Wembley1961
      I relocated here 8 years ago and in 2010 I got my citizenship and have dual citizenship. If you have any particular questions let me know. Terry
      Aldo likes this.

Title
      Currently, California. Moving again in a short while.
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      thisoldworld is on a distinguished road
      Be careful and do your research. The USA economy is still straggling, and Colorado/Wyoming aren't exactly known for their booming economies...

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      But the Aussie economy is booming (still!)