Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      htbomb

Post moving to the us from the uk

hi l am a uk student 18 years of age and currently studying for my btec level 3 in hospitality management. what l would like advice on is how l can move to the us and what are the procedures. l have no children and have no relatives in the us .please can anyone hep me.
      thank you

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      classicmds
      You'll find it difficult, I'm afraid. US visa restrictions are very tough. You could look for jobs in your area, but I'm afraid that few companies would be willing to sponsor you for a visa unless you are in a very skilled job or a role for which there are no suitable US candidates. To be honest, your best route to the US would probably be to get a job with a UK company that has a US presence (or a US company also based in the UK- i.e. as you said you were in hospitality then an interntational hotel chain, or a cruise liner or...). Work for them, impress your boss, and then see if there are opportunities to be relocated (at their expense) to the US when the time is right.
      http://london.usembassy.gov/visas.html

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Steven Ranner is on a distinguished road
      I would join an online dating agency and marry the first American that will take you.

Seriously, a btec would count for nothing in the US. If you were to go onto university and study, then maybe you could make the move to study in America, Once accepted by a US university.

Apart from that. your going to have some difficulty.

Title
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      taurus23uk is on a distinguished road
      as with Stev above your qualifications and background will make this almost impossible. I would not try the whole marriage thing unless you were really in love. I moved to the USA 6 years ago from the UK and it can be very tough. At your age i admire your ambition but i would worry you have the life skills needed to pull this off. Work hard, save some money and try and buy a business in the USA that can sustain yourself. Good luck.