Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Martin Gill is on a distinguished road

Angry Moving to USA on K1 visa or not?

Hi there, been visiting this site for a while and thought I would join to pose a question which some may be able to answer.

Me and my fiancé (21 and 23 respectively) want to get married but, even with my analytical mind; I'm still a little confused on some bits
      I know all the forms and stuff we need to have and how much (roughly) this will cost but the thing I'm confused about is, when I arrive on my K1 and we marry before 90 days; how long do we wait to file paperwork and what happens if my paperwork is still being processed when the 90 days runs out, what then?
      Also, I heard that I could just arrive on my ESTA without getting the K1 visa and just marry on that (after the advised 60 days), then start the Adjustment of Status after that? Is this legal, or is it simply a grey area?

I love her so much, and have always wanted to live in America (as I felt I have always belonged there) so I would hate to do it wrong and get kicked out of the country then ruin my chances.

If there's anything else you need to know, please ask; just want as much information from ex-pats as possible.

Cheers people! :)

(NB: I'm 21, will be flying out for a couple of weeks on 9th February, have graduated in Global Business Management from university by July and looking to go over/get married/start application for around end of July/Mid August. I'm from West Yorkshire and my fiancé is from Idaho).

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      robertcline is on a distinguished road
      Are you starting a Fiance Visa? The reality Show 90 Day Fiance is holding casting calls for men and women who are about to start the 90 day fiance process. Please go to google 90 day fiance Casting Call As seen on TLC. This is you opportunity to be on one of the most popular new reality shows entering it second season.
      Last edited by robertcline; 21-02-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: grammar