Title
      LSoir
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Courtney Wallace is on a distinguished road

Cool Need help deciding on a state and area to move to in USA

Hi everyone,
      Really sorry if this has been posted countless times but I need help. It's been stressing me out every time I try and think about it.
      In a few years time, after I've finished my degree and got a master's etc. I want to move to America. It has been my dream since I was a child. But I'm really stuck on where to move to. So far I've whittled it down to:

1. California
      2. Colorado

I love the look of Colorado. The houses are cheaper, there are mountains, crime is low, lots of wildlife, malls, it's clean. There's both snow and sun. But I feel as though there aren't as many jobs or as exciting things to do in comparison to certain places in California. I might be wrong. I really want to go somewhere that I will want to stay for years, where there's a mix of night life and nature. Alternative clubs and lots of events going on, loads of those hidden gems that you see over Facebook like cafes with unique concoctions.
      California is obviously more expensive, and I suppose stereotypically it is seen to have higher crime rates. I've heard of a lot more things going on in California (whether that's in San Francisco or LA, etc.) and the alternative scene seems bigger over there.

By the time I'll be looking to move I'll have a degree in Events Management and (hopefully) a master's in Entertainment Law. Where would be better to take these qualifications and skills? Where is better for jobs/careers? Where has nicer more aesthetic areas to live without compromising safety, and which areas are these? What is there to do in terms of shopping, night life, restaurants, etc.?
      Looking through Google images and the odd forum don't do either place much justice or give me enough information on specific areas.
      Thanks in advance! :)

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      gailcollins is on a distinguished road
      You mention that you want to move in a few years time? It seems you have the time to organise a few short visits to see which your prefer first-hand as opposed to letting someone's bias sway you over the internet. As you mentioned both states have something to offer but sometimes you have to 'experience' somewhere to get the feel for it, it's best not to decide on a whim considering it's somewhere you want to stay for a considerable period of time. Good luck!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      katzgar is on a distinguished road
      events management would suggest a large corporation or cities like NY, LA, vegas or somesuch. look at the openings on indeed.com, it is a job board.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      darthkopite is on a distinguished road
      L A or the suburbs, you ca commute that way cheaper rent, personally I like vence beach, you can rent nice property on the canal(named after Venice,italy) walk to beach 15 minutes to centre of LA.anything else just ask