Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Newbie here

pomeranian

Newbie here

We are Brits and have been living in Australia for almost 4 years. Would love to go to USA and have been researching lots. I can see it's a hard one to crack but I am hopeful for one day if it's meant to be.

My question is it's likely that we need to apply under the EB3 visa and my hubby is a very experienced bricklayer who currently runs his own company here. Where can I find a sponsor......?

Have been researching states and like the sound of Denver in Colorado or maybe California, although I would love to see some snow.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Pom and welcome to Brits Abroad, like yourself I am in Australia so have no idea on American visas, but hopefully some of our American friends will be along soon to help. At one stage it use to be easier to get in to Canada than America. Where in Australia do you live?
      Ktee

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Hi
      Welcome to the forum, like Kate i havent a clue about migrating to America,lol, where exactly would you like to go over there if you can get a visa etc?

Cal x
      Ktee likes this.

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

WanderingBrit
      Hey there, pomeranian. Welcome to the forum. I am new-ish here too. Plus, I have no idea about the legalities of moving to north America - sorry.

I am an expat living in the UK. When I say expat, I actually mean: Not an expat. :grin:

I am intending to move abroad as soon as I can. But Godknows when that is going to be.

Post regularly and enjoy yourself!
      Ktee likes this.

pomeranian
      Hi, I curently live in Perth, Western Australia. It is lovely here, but I HATE flies and we get so many and in the summer it's just too hot some days!! To be honest that was my biggest worry when we emigrated, however have almost been here for years, so I have done well so far lol.

There is not too much to do for kids here and I miss walking my dogs in the countryside, so I guess it would be nice to have a bit of that along with cooler weather and NO FLIES :twitcy:

We have been told we have enough points for Canada, and Vancouver seems nice. Advice from an agent was go to Canada and from there try to get into America, what do you think to that?
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by pomeranian View Post

We have been told we have enough points for Canada, and Vancouver seems nice. Advice from an agent was go to Canada and from there try to get into America, what do you think to that?
      anything's gotta be better than Perth
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by pomeranian View Post
      Hi, I curently live in Perth, Western Australia. It is lovely here, but I HATE flies and we get so many and in the summer it's just too hot some days!! To be honest that was my biggest worry when we emigrated, however have almost been here for years, so I have done well so far lol.

There is not too much to do for kids here and I miss walking my dogs in the countryside, so I guess it would be nice to have a bit of that along with cooler weather and NO FLIES :twitcy:

I lived in Canada and was advised that it was easier to go to Canada first and then get in to America, but that was many moons ago and if it's anything like the Aus visas it will have changed a million times. Have you not thought of trying somewhere else in Aus?
      Although I have to say Canada is beautiful and would have been our next choice if we hadn't got in to Australia.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      anything's gotta be better than Perth
      Did you ever go to Perth Aldo, or are you basing it on Earlswoods opinions lol x

pomeranian
      Lol, Perth's ok, just need somewhere more exciting and we are not really beach people. Elsewhere is Australia will probably be much the same FLIES, FLIES AND alot of hype about not too much.

Interesting that you have lived in Canada, do you prefer Australia then, why is that? Don't get me wrong we have done alright here but I just feel it's lacking a little but to be far we never even visited before we emigrated so to be here after this long is more than some achieve. Atleast we had to preconceived ideas, I did thorough research on Australia and felt Perth was a better choice.
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      Did you ever go to Perth Aldo, or are you basing it on Earlswoods opinions lol x
      Just kidding, I've never been but i'm sure its really interesting and not at all dull and sterile like people say.
      Ktee likes this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast