Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      3 times
      Rep
      wildinvirginia is on a distinguished road

Posting to England - cheapest ways?

Hi Everyone

It's coming round to that time where I start dreading the cost of posting Christmas Gifts back to the U.K. Postage seems to have increased in cost even more! I usually use USPS but am wondering, does anyone use any other means? Anyone used FedEx or UPS, say? I intend to buy some stuff in the U.K and having it sent direct but for the personal stuff, I need to find a way that costs less to ship than to buy!

Any ideas gratefully received :)

Abi.
      Last edited by wildinvirginia; 05-10-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      114 times
      Rep
      Ziggy is on a distinguished road
      Abi, yes postage is ridiculous I paid $46 to send a tiny package to my sister ..... Don't forget to mark it gift ..... My silly OH sent his mother a present, naively put $130 on the package as value & the poor thing ended up having to pay duty on her present ..... I did use a courier company I found on the Internet basically on of those search engine sites & I paid less than with the post office & DHL .... Who came for the parcel anyway.

to be honest we are doing our shopping for family in the UK @ marks & sparks and John Lewis on line, they gift wrap, much easier, I know it's not the same as choosing something myself, but it's cheaper than lining the post offices purse with silver
      "I'm an instand star, just add water and stir" ..... David Bowie

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      jibsymalone is on a distinguished road
      I agree completely that postage is ridiculous! and seems to be getting worse!! i just try and stick to ordering from sites such as amazon and other British sites to get presents and such to people over there. It may not be as personal, but its a damn sight cheaper!!