Thread: Shipping household items from UK to USA

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Beckyr is on a distinguished road

Shipping household items from UK to USA

Me again!!

Even though I have tried to reduce my belongings as much as possible, I do have about 300 cubic metres of stuff to move to my new life - and this is a guesstimate as I haven't worked everything out yet.

So I looked through some previous posts and I saw a few names of companies used, but they all seem from awhile back. So I would really like some more up to date recommendations of companies used by anyone on this forum and if possible a rough estimate.

The names I saw recommended so far were:

Share A Container - this seemed a cheap way to getting items shipped, but how secure would my items be, will they be ok at the other end?

Pickfords - obviously a big company - are they expensive and are they reliable

Anglo Pacific - again big company

Also mentioned - Burke Bros (with some problems), and Excess Movers - no feedback

Any information will help loads.

Becky x

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Ok - last night was the end of a long and difficult week - I did actually mean 300 cubic feet - not metres

Cheers

Becky x

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Have a chat with Liam at PSS http://www.pssremovals.com email liam@p-s-s.co.uk I am sure he will look after you, a friend of ours moved over to Washington and it cost them 1500gbp for a 270cuft. Just make sure whoever you use they are registered with BAR, FIDI, FAIM. Also call a couple and get some quotes and then see if they will price match. Another thing to consider is not to take out their own shipping insurance as it is usually a rip off, get a quote from independent insurance companies like Letton Percival or Insure your Move.
      Beckyr likes this.

Title
      Liked
      9 times
      Rep
      Hi Ktee

That's very helpful advice - especially the point about shipping insurance - I wouldn't have thought about independent insurance for shipping. Although I would never buy travel insurance from the holiday company, so I suppose its the same idea.

I will add it to my ever growing list of things to do before I move!!

Thanks very much

Becky x
      Ktee likes this.