Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      yelnats69

UK Pension in the USA

Hello new member here!

I live in Florida, applied and got green cards so willing to help if I can.
      My main reason for joining is to get advice on how to claim a UK pension from someone that has done it while overseas.

We live in Palm Coast, near Daytona and would consider house guests from time to time.

S&K

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      traveller
      Hi S&K,

We're in Califonia and we've put the application in for our green cards so we're just playing the waiting game. Not sure about the pensions - my husband's pension has been frozen for the time being but he's only 30 so we haven't really looked into that yet.

yelnats69

Green card

Well they are backed up for months as you probably know depends what type of petition you are going for, but when they do get round to you they will really move fast, my son heard nothing for over a year then in less than a month after they opened his file he got his card. You can check progress on the net .

Good luck

stan & karen

Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
      Hi S&K,

We're in Califonia and we've put the application in for our green cards so we're just playing the waiting game. Not sure about the pensions - my husband's pension has been frozen for the time being but he's only 30 so we haven't really looked into that yet.

Hope
      Hi there!
      Funny you should mention pensions... I have been thinking recently about what to do with mine when I move to Florida. I will be seeking more' help nearer the time, but was presuming I would just freeze it... or cash it in? ..hmm.. I don't know yet!

May I ask what have others done?

~ Hope