Tomjo

Moving to Brazil

Hi I'm moving to Rio next year, I'm British from London,
      any other English speeking people out there moving or living in Rio
      please let me know.
      Regards T

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Tomjo
      Thats fine, quite like the look of the site, and it comes up on most search engins on the first pages.
      Hope lots more poeple joine!!!

Andy Chapman
      Sorry can't help but welcome to the Forum anyway.

mercedes
      Hi,

I am also from London and have moved to Rio to live. I am searching for Englsih speaking expats but its not been easy! Are you in Rio yet and what brings you here?

Thanks

Doz
      Hi Mercedes, welcome to BA.

How long have you lived in Rio, do you enjoy it there.
      I would be very interested to hear all about it and im sure others would too

Andy Chapman
      Welcome to B-A Mercedes

clepington
      Quote Originally Posted by mercedes View Post
      Hi,

I am also from London and have moved to Rio to live. I am searching for Englsih speaking expats but its not been easy! Are you in Rio yet and what brings you here?

Thanks
      Hi Mercedes, I have long been fascinated by Brazil. At present I am living in Uruguay. I am a little scared about crossing the northern border because being a gringo with limited language-skills, I may be quite vulnerable wandering around on my own in Brazil. Obviously, it would be a big help to connect with someone who speaks english if and when I ever get to Rio. Just for guidance/information, you understand. If you can have any suggestions, I would be grateful. Thankyou, sincerely, Clepington

AnthonyClive

no worries

Quote Originally Posted by clepington View Post
      Hi Mercedes, I have long been fascinated by Brazil. At present I am living in Uruguay. I am a little scared about crossing the northern border because being a gringo with limited language-skills, I may be quite vulnerable wandering around on my own in Brazil. Obviously, it would be a big help to connect with someone who speaks english if and when I ever get to Rio. Just for guidance/information, you understand. If you can have any suggestions, I would be grateful. Thankyou, sincerely, Clepington
      I live in Brazil and travel quite a lot. I have no worries about driving. My wife and family tell me not to drive at night for fear of being robbed. I accept their nagging but when I have travelled at night I have felt perfectly safe. The main highways are fairly busy at night so I think it has to be bad luck if stopped. There is more chance of being held up at the regular police road blocks and being given some excuse why you should pay a fine---but hoping for a bribe. The most common excuse is not having an official translation of my UK driving license. I just chat until they give in----they know they are wrong.

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      albertcunningham is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by clepington View Post
      Hi Mercedes, I have long been fascinated by Brazil. At present I am living in Uruguay. I am a little scared about crossing the northern border because being a gringo with limited language-skills, I may be quite vulnerable wandering around on my own in Brazil. Obviously, it would be a big help to connect with someone who speaks english if and when I ever get to Rio. Just for guidance/information, you understand. If you can have any suggestions, I would be grateful. Thank you, sincerely, Clepington
      Never lived in brazil, but also very fascinated by the country! i've been to sao paulo, it was AMAZING, such a lively city!

-------------------------------------
      what is qrops

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Nicksarg is on a distinguished road
      Hi guys, just wanted to introduce my self. i actually live in the UAE but over in Brazil on monthly basis for work purposes. i help British expats over that side of the world with there UK Pensions. Please let me know if anyone needs advice on this topic. Happy to help.