Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: Moving to Chile

Angela Maxwell

Moving to Chile

Hi Im moving to Coronel in Chile in the next 2 weeks with my husband, is there anyone living there that speaks English, I'm from Northern Ireland.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      purple
      Quote Originally Posted by Angela Maxwell View Post
      Hi Im moving to Coronel in Chile in the next 2 weeks with my husband, is there anyone living there that speaks English, I'm from Northern Ireland.
      Do mean is there anyone living there in Chile that speaks Northern Irish? I'd say that there's a good possibility that there are thousands of them... but do you think they'll actually be able to understand that Ulster accent?

Welcome to Britsabroad, hope that someone will be able answer the question for you... more seriously.

purps

ofpoets
      Very tempted to move to Chile myself since my wife lives there (Vina del mar) and due to current immigration restrictions it's proving difficult for her to come and live here in the UK. She speaks perfect English by the way, lots of Chileans do however if you have a strong accent then it can be difficult for them to understand until they get used to it. Not sure what the work situation is like. Are you working out there or setting up a business ? Just curious as to how easy it is for a non Chilean to gain work. Anyway, wishes for your move - I'm sure it will be a great adventure. Lee

purple
      Welcome to the message boards of Britsabroad :)