Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: 500 euros notes

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      SIDNEY is on a distinguished road

Thread 500 euros notes

Having been reading and watching the news on uk tv,about the above,i thought i would do a bit of research,btw,i've lived here a few years and have a CA account,i went to a smallish Carrefour yesterday,spent 60 €,gave the girl a 500 note,she called the manager and i said i have my passport with me,so no probs he said,didn't look at it,and gave me my 440€change.In the afternoon,i went into a CA branch in Orne,with another note aking to change it,the manager agreed it was kosher,but would not change it for me as i said that i was on holiday and did not have an account,and showed him my passport,he suggested i went over the road to an english owned restuarant and ask them to change it !!!!!So much for entente cordiale,tourism and french logic !!!!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Soz,should read," with another 500€ asking"

Title
      Maple Spirit
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      JamesCanada is on a distinguished road
      Thats a big note to change mind you - its like the 50 pound notes - I couldn't change them anywhere cos no one actually knew what they really looked like! lol

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      A lot of places won't change hgh denomination notes now. Ask the banks why and they'll give you a list of reasons.
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Governments will have to do more to make the fakers lives harder,'cos the way things are rising with inflation,we wont need wallets just wheelbarrows,!!!!!!

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Gavin is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanada View Post
      Thats a big note to change mind you - its like the 50 pound notes - I couldn't change them anywhere cos no one actually knew what they really looked like! lol
      Yep.. its the same anywhere! Oz has $100 notes and I've seen the one only.

Title
      Liked
      169 times
      Rep
      purple is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by SIDNEY View Post
      Governments will have to do more to make the fakers lives harder,'cos the way things are rising with inflation,we wont need wallets just wheelbarrows,!!!!!!
      Or Credit cards with a max of 50,000? ;)
      If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon 1940 - 1980