• 1 Post By Pink

Thread: Australian Hotels -'They don't have a clue'

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road

Australian Hotels -'They don't have a clue'

ARe they really that bad? IMO yes. There are some quality hotels but in general I would say the standard is poor compared to other popular destinations.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/they-do...221-2ete3.html

My biggest gripe about aussie hotels is the way the restaurants and bars close so damned early, receptions are unattended a lot of the time.
      Checking in any time after 8pm and getting anything to eat or drink (even a club sandwich) is near impossible.
      Mad Cow likes this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      79 times
      Rep
      Mad Cow is on a distinguished road
      Never stayed in a hotel here Aldo! We tend to go camping ! The prices are inflated, here in Perth. I wouldn't pay that kind of money! We have had good service though in restaurants cafes etc. I'm quite vocal though and I would complain if the service was crap!
      Aldo likes this.

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      I've only ever stayed in what would be the equivalent of the UKs "premier inn" so don't have a vast knowledge TBH.
      Not done much camping but always fancied it, the kids love it - me too. Unfortunately the misses is a total wuss and won't even consider it. We done it in Spain once and she complained the whole time.
      Mad Cow likes this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Liked
      79 times
      Rep
      Mad Cow is on a distinguished road
      I love that whole camping thing. Sitting outside the tent of an evening BBQ and wine lol! Sleeping under canvas and not having to worry about cleaning up! It's also very cheap. The last one we stayed at was by the beach $40 per night with our own ensuite at the side of the tent lol!
      Aldo and Pink like this.

Title
      Liked
      209 times
      Rep
      Pink is on a distinguished road
      Wow are they really that bad? They seem to be referring to top hotels, which unless I win the lottery or my husband gets a HUGE pay rise we will never be staying at LOL. We stay at cheap ones here, preferably not the ones you see on CSI although the last one did seem to come close to that, especially with the sex shop and strip joint next door We won't be staying there again!
      Mad Cow likes this.