Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: BBC iplayer

Ashcroft

BBC iplayer

I have recently got British TV after 8 years of Spanish TV! I am soooo enjoying watching a bit of BBC such quality!!!!! Anyway just wanted to say to everyone (especially with the world cup coming up......have to watch the BBC coverage!!!) Take a look at View TV Abroad .com they provide a fantastic service and great help support team. Thoroughly recommended.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Joe D
      For all Brits living abroad. I review the British newspapers (with pictures) at midnight every week night. Have a look if you are missing the British papers...
      Last edited by purple; 09-11-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Link Removed

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      So, are you moving abroad or just advertising a service Joe? as this thread is about watching tv using iplayer!

purple
      He's advertising, Tony, but the link seems to have gone missing ;) I have a feeling that the original poster was bordering on advertising too.
      I use the BBC or newspaper websites and review the newspapers daily, as I know a lot of other people do.
      iPlayer is still good for the tv programmes if you use an ip cloaker to hide your country of connection.

897nicole
      yep, thats the catch, you need to have a UK IP address to watch BBC iview. You can pay for services to give provide you such a service, however if you are cheap log onto to SBS or ABC websites in Australia, they do have some UK programs which you can watch for free.

Title
      Aldo is a Dil
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      thearmchairdetective is on a distinguished road
      Has anyonr tried a uk based proxy server?

purple
      Yeah I have T, in fact I use a cloaker all the time.
      The one I use is called identity cloaker, and it streams the BBC iPlayer at normal speed. It costs about 10 bucks a month which isnt too bad when you consider you watch what you like. You just pick the country that you want the IP address to show as.
      There are free ones but I'm not sure how secure they are, and some I've tried aren't worth the hassle because they constantly buffer or freeze. I run on a 40Mbps connection, so I know that's not the reason if a site I visit constantly has download probs.

vtvictor45
      yes,i really enjoyed it

vtvictor45
      If you have any problem,so you can deal to any software engineer