Thread: Food!

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road

Food!

Now I've got your attention, I almost always try t fit in and eat what the locals eat when out and about. This has included "whatever" that was in China last year. Anyway if looked like a rodent of some description. I am sitting here and wondering whats the weirdest thing you've had the (dis)pleasure of tasting?

Tim :eek:

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Andy Chapman
      As yet nothing unusual, but Crocodile.

I will try anything, i'm abit of a daredevel and would
      love to try Witchety Grubs and Snake.

Doz
      Crikey , they eat anything that moves here,really they do, if they can catch it,it goes in the pot.
      I think i may have mentioned before they eat dog here, i have never willingly ordered it but i have some grave suspicions about certain meats i have eaten here.
      Lee had some Pho (soup) the other week and there were some very odd looking things in it, like tenticles and suckers and little grub looking things yuk!!
      Tim likes this.

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Doz View Post
      Crikey , they eat anything that moves here,really they do, if they can catch it,it goes in the pot.
      I think i may have mentioned before they eat dog here, i have never willingly ordered it but i have some grave suspicions about certain meats i have eaten here.
      Lee had some Pho (soup) the other week and there were some very odd looking things in it, like tenticles and suckers and little grub looking things yuk!!
      So you have eaten pooch then? :jimlad: I guess the worst I've tried is probably something in china - some sort of small rodent shaped creature, never did find out what it was however was quite tasty all the same!

Tim

Doz
      Well i like to convince myself it was not dog but im not so sure.
      That has to be the worst of all Tim eating a rodent, gross
      Tim likes this.

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      It looked something like this

Doz
      Ugh! Thats just seriously gross Tim.
      There is no way i could ever bring myself to eat anything like that.
      They sell skinned fresh frogs here alongside the chicken and i even have to look away at that sight.
      Another thing they love here is chicken feet, claw and all. Im mean, what is there to enjoy about a gristly boney foot!

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Ugh! Thats just seriously gross Tim.
      There is no way i could ever bring myself to eat anything like that.
      They sell skinned fresh frogs here alongside the chicken and i even have to look away at that sight.
      Another thing they love here is chicken feet, claw and all. Im mean, what is there to enjoy about a gristly boney foot!
      Yes but are you or Lee going to try it.. surely its all part of the cultural exchange? :huh: I would probably try it at least once!

Doz
      To be honest i would like to try everything at least once while im here.
      Im pacing myself seeing as we could be here a while.
      Ive been eying up the fish intestines that hang up on the street stalls, maybe i will give them a go after a couple of dutch courage beers.
      Do you watch that Andrew Zimmern programme, where he goes round the world eating the weirdest foods. Its a really good programme, i love watching that.

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      To be honest i would like to try everything at least once while im here.
      Im pacing myself seeing as we could be here a while.
      Ive been eying up the fish intestines that hang up on the street stalls, maybe i will give them a go after a couple of dutch courage beers.
      Do you watch that Andrew Zimmern programme, where he goes round the world eating the weirdest foods. Its a really good programme, i love watching that.
      He's a bloody nutter.. I saw him eat scorpions in deepest darkest Africa, certainly didn't look that tastey. I guess when you get paids lot of money to do it.. you just do and good TV.

T

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast