• 2 Post By Letsy

Thread: Global Pay Scale

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road

Global Pay Scale

it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Surely this must be made up!! The UK 5th!! and Australia 15th???
      I,m sure i read from a reliable source that Aussies get paid double what poms get.

Oh well, another myth down the drain
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Title
      Liked
      20 times
      Rep
      Sapphire is on a distinguished road
      This must be wrong Aldo,,,,,lol
      You know you can come here, with $6000 ,and get 2 cars, pay a bond,rent a house, buy furniture, and live really well, even if you havent got a job
      Was reading one earlier, they have10,000 GBP,need all of the above, and have to pay for a container, flights and pets out of that as well
      So you see, its all ok,,,,no worries mate!!!!!

Title
      Liked
      20 times
      Rep
      I must add though, Im reading about more and more migrants arriving asking the question"how do you afford to live???"
      Surely its not rocket science to look online at homes/car prices/ do an online shop in coles or woolies, and compare the prices
      Ive said it time and time again, I would not dream of coming here, without having secured employment.If you have a Trade in Demand, prospective employers will usually interview you by Skype or telephone,,,,,,well they will if you really do have a "skill in demand", and they are that desperate
      If you are applying for loads of jobs, and not getting replies, its highly likely,its because they dont have vacancies,not because you are offshore.People need to realise theres a far higher unemployment rate here, than there once was
      No way would I be coming here or anywhere, with my life savings,to risk everything on the chance I may get a job
      We were homeless when we arrived, and had to book into a grotty motel, until we found somewhere to live, which was a few weeks
      Its not an adventure when you arrive at the airport, and have no-where to go, its a very scary horrid experience
      Our money , just disintegrated.Everything we had worked for so hard in the UK, the profits, it had taken over 10 years to earn on our home, going very,very fast.
      Virtually all costs here, can be researched online, and its worthwhile spending time doing that, rather than arriving and having the shock of your life, and wondering how on earth you are going to survive
      We dident do it, and that was one of our big mistakes of the immigration process.Lots survive, but lots dont,especially if they have very limited funds,
      Aldo likes this.

Title
      Liked
      20 times
      Rep
      Letsy is on a distinguished road
      The writer says these are 'rough figures' and I reckon they are, but what they DO show is a general trend, and in that they are valid.

Unfortunately for Australia, the sun/surf/prawn on barbie ethos has been equated to easy lifestyle across the board. Nothing could be further from the truth.
      I don't care which country promotes itself positively btw; that's par for the course, but Oz leads in that 'sunshine and happiness' scenario, simply because it has them!

That does not pay the rent/mortgage of put food on the table though, and it has to stop being continually peddled.
      As you say Sapphire, migrants themselves have to take responsibility for their naivety in ignoring all that tells them what they don't want to hear.
      The easy access that we have now via the internet, should give a more accurate picture, and as you say, anyone today who comes to Oz without a job secured is..er, pretty silly.
      If you have a job secured, you can go after the accommodation and the car/s, but without the job? you will have the added stress to resettlement of watching savings drain rapidly.

It is hugely frustrating watching this scenario play out time and time again.
      Aldo and Sapphire like this.

Title
      Liked
      20 times
      Rep
      And it is time and time again, we are seeing this.
      Im would say to anyone who wants to emigrate,,,'Go for it", but do your homework, and secure some work, before you arrive.Even if its not the job, of your dreams, with a huge salary,,just secure something, so you have some money coming in