Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      robert4693 is on a distinguished road

moving to toronto on a working visa

Hi,
      I'm hoping to be accepted for my visa for a minimum of a year to work and live in Toronto.
      is there anywhere in particular that will be a good place to live. relatively good living standard, with a lively surrounding area as I am quite out going and I like meeting new people. I currently live in England so i want to start off somewhere where I would fit in and then start to broaden my horizons. The other thing is that I don't currently have a job lined up because my visa hasn't been accepted so if I don't have one by the time I get there how easy is it to get a bar/ waiting job as I do have plenty of experience in that but i also work in car insurance currently.
      Any help would be amazing :D

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      North Vancouver, BC 4 yrs, now Niagara region, Ontario for over a year
      Liked
      19 times
      Rep
      blackcomb is on a distinguished road

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Plasticbag is on a distinguished road
      I love Toronto, it is the most cosmopolitan city in the American continent, I live and work in NY state driving trucks, I never pass up a load to Toronto. Some time ago I had a Friday morning delivery to the city and got held up for 3 days, my wife drove for 8 hours with my daughter to spend the weekend there with me. My Wife is a US citizen who loves her country, this was the only time I ever heard her mention how much she would love to move out of the US.......... I envy you but I find housing very expensive :)