Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Moving from UK to USA

Lucydoors
      Hi Julie, was wondering if you then moved to Marin County and if yu loke it? I am in a similiar situation to yours, my husband can move to the US and can be based wherever. many thansk let me know!

Lucy

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Sassa001
      Hello,I am 12 almost 13 but have been wondering about my future.My friend and I want to move to New York. She want's to become a fashion designer and I a Crime Scene Investigator.She will move when she is 18 and me when I have finished uni. We were wondering what we needed to move so we can plan ahead. My friend's aunt lives in New York and my Godbrother lives in Arizona. My fater is also from New York.

Sassa001
      Hello,I am 12 almost 13 but have been wondering about my future.My friend and I want to move to New York. She want's to become a fashion designer and I a Crime Scene Investigator.She will move when she is 18 and me when I have finished uni. We were wondering what we needed to move so we can plan ahead. My friend's aunt lives in New York and my Godbrother lives in Arizona. My father is also from New YorkIf you have any advice we would love to hear it.

USAbound
      Hey I'm 23 and I'm planning to move to America, my girlfriend is from America and I've got friends all over. I plan to either move to Seattle or California or anywhere jaguar land rover is based because I'm hoping to start working for them here soon and hopefully transfer through them in a few years

Title
      Liked
      20 times
      Rep
      Letsy is on a distinguished road
      Good luck to you USAbound! Hope it works out well!

Cloe

Thumbs up

Hey can anyone help?... Hi there am 20 and have a 2yr old an I am wanting to move to America how would I go about it I don't work but want my work over ther and also want to study to but where do I stand on the term of help with my daughter is it just like the uk will they help me out and things until I get sorted rent wise and money wise for my 2yrold I have saved up 3thousend pounds so far it's a dream I really want to forfil and to be honest the uk is a joke I cannot find a job that will keep me for a yr or over me and many other continue tone layer off when there's no more work help plz

superbeau
      Hi there, I wonder if anyone can be of assistance. I'm trying to enquire about moving to the usa. and what my chances are.
      I have relatives abroad but not immediate family, only cousins, grandmother and my aunty.
      My boyfriend also lives in america. can anyone be of assistance???

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      cullybugs is on a distinguished road
      Hi all

Im in the UK, been offered a job in the states and just going through the visa now

Im more interested in the "things I wish I would have known" answers

Such as:-

What happens with the medical care?
      Tax implications
      Best way to rent a house?
      Best way to get a car

I's sure I have a lot more but any info would be great

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      rainieros is on a distinguished road
      Hi Vicki:

Not sure if this still applies but if you're interested http://www.rainieros.com/moving-guid...to-uk-from-usa is a great link for a company if you're looking to move to the UK from the USA. Hope this helps.

All the best.

Ari

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Elliottc is on a distinguished road

Moving to the US!

Hi All,

I'm new here, so im not sure how it all works! haha, But i am 19 years old and living in London, but I've always wanted to move and live in America, and i wanted to just get some information about moving there, and i don't know what i need for a job etc etc. would someone be able to help me?

thanks

Elliott

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast