Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
      LynMac
      My OH, who is a plumber has thrown himself wholeheartedly into it here but has come across quite a lot of other pommie plumbers who have done nothing but moan - 'it's nothing like UK, I am not going to retrain who do they think they are, I am not digging holes and doing what we paid others to do in UK' etc and they are the ones who then seem to moan about everything else to do with Australia. Heaven only knows what they were expecting in reality

My OH is doing really well, is valued (site foreman have asked for him specifically - wow!) and to our amazement is earning better than he did in UK. He hasn't retrained yet simply coz he hasn't the time - too busy working all the hours that are available - but will eventually without any gripes.

I confess to have 'bitten' on some of the posts on PiO but now just leave them well alone because I am also aware that I have usually responded when I have been having a 'down' time (which I knew I would get) and need to just let it pass (as they do) because it is easy on those occasions to then see all the 'not so nice' things about Oz and let them overide all the good things and like has been said 'negativity breeds negativity'.

Lyn x

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      you said it excatly right Lyn ,,some folks dont want to change ,i knew of a family a midwife and a prison officer ,they wanted to live up sunny coast but the job offer was at wacol(ipswich) they didnt want to commute and didnt want to live in ipswich,so they went home !! id have given them a bloomin life to the airport if theyd asked and passed their visa to someone who was willing to TRY!
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Mark and Jo
      Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
      you said it excatly right Lyn ,,some folks dont want to change ,i knew of a family a midwife and a prison officer ,they wanted to live up sunny coast but the job offer was at wacol(ipswich) they didnt want to commute and didnt want to live in ipswich,so they went home !! id have given them a bloomin life to the airport if theyd asked and passed their visa to someone who was willing to TRY!
      Cal x
      Now that is really sad isnt it! You do whatever you can do dont you for a few months/years until you can get the lifestyle that you want! Whose to say that after 6 months there might have been the possibility of a transfer!!!!!

Some people!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      I think it all boils down to 'attitude' either you have an 'attitude' and moan all the time, or give it the UK this and UK that ...... or you have the attitude that this is a different country and you'll try your best to fit in and accept that you're not living in England with sunshine.

Looks like most of us on here have the same 'attitude' to our new experiences

Ali
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Mark and Jo
      Quote Originally Posted by sheena View Post
      for all the ones that are here in oz and whinge about it i say "go back to the uk then " this is just MY opinion!!!

sheena
      sheena
      LOL!

I have just made a commitment to Australia! I have given up my English registration as a nurse! Im staying!!!!

I too miss my parents like mad but they are coming in August!!! Woo-hoo! FOR GOOD!!!!!

(PS can you tell I am starting to get excited!!!)

Ali

Title
      Liked
      43 times
      Rep
      Ali is on a distinguished road
      Me too Jo, I've also not re-registered in the UK .... no point really as I'll be in Aus for a very long time.
      The only people you need in your life are the ones that prove they need you in theirs

Mark and Jo
      Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
      Me too Jo, I've also not re-registered in the UK .... no point really as I'll be in Aus for a very long time.

Great minds think alike!!!!

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234