Welcome to British Expats Abroad

Thread: please help me.

rbcp666

please help me.

i am an english man who is engaged to a canadian lady but we are having an awful lot of trouble in being allowed to be together as a normal couple. Our respective governments are being more than a little confusing in any answers they give. Also the costs of expected visas are astronomical for someone who is on a low wage so we find ourselves in an unpleasant situation living our lives, when not working, glued to our msn which is our only real form of being together. We have endured this for 2 years and 7 months out of which we have only been together properly for a space of 1 month and another space of 6 months. If anyone can give us any help or suggestions etc we would be extremely grateful. Please i hope someone out there can help us to live life like a normal couple.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this message. best regards. Gary

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Esseare
      Gary, It is probably easier for the Canadian to enter Britain than for the Brit to enter Canada. If your girlfriend can make it to Britain, stay with you for a while 'til she finds employment and an apartment (flat) then you could, when you set the date to wed, get married in Britain and come to Canada for a honeymoon where you could also have a 'blessing' with her family in attendance. Give it a year then, living in Britain, THEN move over here with her, She will be your sponsor as she is the Canadian and you SHOULD get in as her spouse. I married a Canadian who had emmigrated as a child from the U.K. but then returned there. When we decided it was time to move here She had purchased a single ticket while I got a return ticket for 6 months later. Your wife (as she will be then) will be able to work here and can support you until your work permit comes through and eventually the P.R. status will come through too. OR, you could apply from Britain for the P.R. again with your wife as the sponsor and once it comes through make the move. If in the meantime there is the patter of tiny feet (once you are wed of course !!!!!) make sure that they are registered here as well as in Britain. All the best.

rbcp666

thank you

thank you so much for your reply. I will discuss it with my fiancee and we shall see how she feels about it.

Thank you again. Gary

Esseare
      Do let us know how things go Gary. What part of Canada would you be coming to?

rbcp666
      Wherever I could get a job although my fiancee is in Northern Ontario. If I could get a job there it would be ideal but failing that anywhere in Canada would be good because we could always be together as a normal couple as we so badly pray for.

Liz H
      Hi Gary,
      What kind of a job do you hope to get ? Where in Northern Ontario is your fiancee living ?
      Lived in Northern Ontario myself for several years

Liz

rbcp666

Hi Liz

In answer to your question I am very adaptable so I am not too fussy about the type of work I get. Also, my fiancee lives in Huntville and works there at the moment.

Liz H
      Hi Gary,
      Re. work: please check the 2 posts under Instructions for skilled workers. I updated them today. Also check ;
      www.cic.gc.ca
      This is the Canadian Citizenship & Immigration Website. It will give you information re. various ways to immigrate to Canada, as well as occupations most in demand. Though each occupation may not be in demand in all Provinces.

I used to live further north than Huntsville, and passed by the turn off, whenever I travelled to and from Toronto.We never thought of Huntsville as being in Northern Ontario though. It is all relative.
      Regards,
      Liz

rbcp666

Hi Liz

Thank you for the information you sent but I'm afraid I was unable to find the 2 posts to which you were referring. However I think I should mention that I have 5 years experience of asbestos removal, (under British Health & Safety regulations), as well as currently having been steaming fuel and ballast tanks on H.M. warships in Devonport Dockyard. Whether this is of any use to you I don't know but I hope it will be of some help.

Thanks again. Gary

Liz H

New instructions for Canada FSW now out

The 2 posts are in Brits in Canada, under the threads;

New Instructions for Canada FSW now out, and the earlier one
      Anyone know what the New Instructions for Canada FSW is ?

Hope that helps.
      Liz