Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Please remove your shoes

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road

Please remove your shoes

Do you make people take off their shoes before you let them in your house? I remember a friend of mine when we where kids and his house had a plastic mat thing over the carpet and see trough plastic covers over the 3 piece suite!!
      Do you have house rules? Do you make people turn off their mobile phones before they can enter? Yess it actually does happen believe it or not.

Me, I don't really care - leave your shoes on and your phones -I don't care.
      What about you?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      77 times
      Rep
      twinsmom65 is on a distinguished road
      Hi Aldo,

I don't have any rules really. I guess living in Canada, it is the norm for people to remove their shoes when they come in.... don't think any differently of it.

My OH has rules, such as no elbows on the dinner table, and he hates it if you get crumbs in the margarine (I do it on purpose just to piss him off lol).

Karen
      Aldo likes this.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      I have noticed since living in OZ the majority of people automatically remove their shoes before entering the house anyway. Im not that fussed if they do or dont unless they are covered in mud or something,lol.
      Personally if i go to someones house and see shoes at the door i remove mine to.

Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Title
      Horsey type
      Liked
      89 times
      Rep
      Mind Less is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      Do you make people take off their shoes before you let them in your house? I remember a friend of mine when we where kids and his house had a plastic mat thing over the carpet and see trough plastic covers over the 3 piece suite!!
      Do you have house rules? Do you make people turn off their mobile phones before they can enter? Yess it actually does happen believe it or not.

Me, I don't really care - leave your shoes on and your phones -I don't care.
      What about you?
      who?
      that's just bloody bonkers
      Aldo likes this.

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      If Ive just had the carpets done then yes shoes off but as the months go by and the carpet get grubbier then I tend to relax a bit. I dont allow smoking in or around my house or kids and I like other peoples children to sit down with their food just like mine do, (no sticky fingers on my furniture thank you very much!) Its just common sense for a nice home I think. A fine balance between making people uncomfortable with your anal behavious and being a total slob I think.

Thehatandswag
      Shoes off for me, just the way we were brought up, but we are tiled or wooden floored throughout so its not a bother if they dont
      Trueblue likes this.

Trueblue
      Shoes off here, sometimes hard to get tradies to remove due to H & S but in general off policy.

Mobiles are anti social whilst having company so I switch mine to silent. My buddies do the same.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Mind Less View Post
      who?
      that's just bloody bonkers
      Yes please tell Rob as he bans us having phones on these days once I come out of the office, same with the boys. I have to admit, I stop work usually around 9pm, grab dinner, check the internet on my phone whilst having dinner, go to bed and stay on my phone until 1am when I fall asleep, so yes I was never switching off from work and my poor kids and Rob were being ignored. So now, I am suppose to come out of the office and leave my phone alone (it's blinkin hard and he will tell you I'm not very successful lol).
      As for shoes, I usually always ask if I am at someone house if they want my shoes removing. I have an Egyptian friend and they find it unclean to walk around a carpeted house in shoes which if you think does make a lot of sense.

Trueblue likes this.

Trueblue
      I dont find it bonkers at all! I was almost born into the MP era and its second nature but it is very intrusive. I personally hate carpet its a disgusting piece of material which harbours germs, wood is just as warm imo

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Do your house guests need a heath and safety induction to enter your house
      Mind Less likes this.

• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast