Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Results 51 to 57 of 57
    Like Tree49Likes

    Thread: Poms leaving Australia in droves


    1. #51

      Title
      Guest
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      1,006
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      It wasn't the area that put me off Australia, I lived in Daisy Hill and then Cornubia. Both nice neighbourhoods TBH, it was more the culture (or lack thereof) and the aussies aussie aussie mentality that grated me. And the inability of Australia as a whole to look at it's self critically or laugh at its self.
      You had a boy look Aldo...you didnt look deep enough you only skimmed the suface! You think Aussies cant laugh at themselves? Did you ever watch Housos?? Have a look on youtube...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgTpBvp9n4

      *******WARNING VERY STRONG LANGUAGE DO NOT WATCH IF EASILY OFFENDED*****

    2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
    3. #52

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      UTOPIA......soon.
      Posts
      1,073
      Liked
      372 times
      Rep
      ophidian is on a distinguished road
      As we live basically in Daisy Hill overlooking the Koala anctuary it isn't the area for us but as Aldo said it is the superior attitude here, everything is the worlds best and they can't seem to accept that anything else could possibly compare. You have to remember that I grew up here so I'm not some recent disillusioned immigrant. Australia can be a great place to live but no way is it for everybody by any means.

      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      It wasn't the area that put me off Australia, I lived in Daisy Hill and then Cornubia. Both nice neighbourhoods TBH, it was more the culture (or lack thereof) and the aussies aussie aussie mentality that grated me. And the inability of Australia as a whole to look at it's self critically or laugh at its self.
      Soon to be back in the undisputed NUMBER 1 country in the world.....ENGLAND.

    4. #53

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Location
      Sunny South East England
      Posts
      2,061
      Liked
      857 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
      You had a boy look Aldo...you didnt look deep enough you only skimmed the suface! You think Aussies cant laugh at themselves? Did you ever watch Housos?? Have a look on youtube...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdgTpBvp9n4

      *******WARNING VERY STRONG LANGUAGE DO NOT WATCH IF EASILY OFFENDED*****
      Just watched the clip.......

      painful to watch!
      The location looks familiar, was it Bracken Ridge?
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

    5. #54

      Title
      Guest
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      1,006
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
      Just watched the clip.......

      painful to watch!
      The location looks familiar, was it Bracken Ridge?

      I think it was where you used to live...in fact I thought I recognised your missus?

    6. #55

      Title
      Guest
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Posts
      1,006
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road
      I agree though it is painful to watch...Aussie version of shameless...sad thing is its not that far removed from reality, lol, just like shameless! Bogan scum exist the world over and are just called different names....you was just too classy for Aus thats what it is Aldo xx
      Cal likes this.

    7. #56

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Location
      Sunny South East England
      Posts
      2,061
      Liked
      857 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
      you was just too classy for Aus thats what it is Aldo xx
      Well.. now you mention it.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

    8. #57

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      2
      Liked
      5 times
      Rep
      Northumbrianphile is on a distinguished road
      Couldnt agree more,shamefully as an Australian. We as nation generally in the last twenty years or so have become so cocky and insular,not all of course but plenty. I honestly dont know where its come from. Thats the thing i do not miss about the Oz,the PEOPLE,Brits are more open minded,and more open to criticism,but they remain proud all the same,very family orinetated as well,cant think of a better place than Northumberland to bring up kids,certainly beats my home town! not to say i dont miss Oz sometimes,its a nice country,but it does lack history and culture,its a bit like an immature child in some ways....
      Aldo and Sapphire like this.

     

     
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456