• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Survey reveals British Expats staying away from the UK

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Jim, If you like surveys and stats I could quite easily give you a few links that will paint your Australia as top of the pops compared to the UK per capita for rape, total crime victims, suicide, burglaries, car theft, man slaughter,...,...
      I know its not how you or a lot of others see Australia but its all there
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      At the end of the day I don't think any country is perfect and everyone is entitled to their opinion, for ever person who loves Oz there will be another who hates it and the same goes for the UK, America etc.
      Aldo likes this.

Hoff to Oz
      I am not saying i love oz more than the uk, i am saying that at the moment Australia has alot more to offer, lower unemployment, good well paid careers for skilled migrants and fantastic weather, and i think thats why the experts put Australia at number 2 in the best places to live in the world, the uk is struggling at the moment but it is a great country and will eventually return to prosperity, but thats why it came as the 25th best place to live in the world, which is still good and as for the crime statistics, they are almost identical in both countries.

chris955
      Jim, these people aren't experts. They compile surveys and come up with widely varying results.
      Seriously though you don't need to just keep repeating the same thing over and over again, we get it ;)

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      I wouldn't say surveys are pointless, like i wouldnt say a newspaper or Magazine is pointless. Whilst people read,companys will produce.
      I would imagine you could find contradicting polls or newspaper articles on any topic you wished if you looked for them. As with anything what one finds useful another doesnt. Noone will ever agree on everything, we all have differing views,, its a good job really or it would be a very boring world to live in.

Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Hoff to Oz
      You have heard them before, i am new to this site and it was relevant to the thread, i won't mention it again. You seem more chilled out on here so i don't want any disagreements, i just want a laugh and a chat with folk.
      Aldo likes this.

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      Boys ,, Don't even go there !
      PLEASE !

Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

Hoff to Oz
      I am being serious, unless i am missing something, i don't want any aggro, i am on here for a laugh, how do i change my name Cal?

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Broken Briton View Post
      You have heard them before, i am new to this site and it was relevant to the thread, i won't mention it again. You seem more chilled out on here so i don't want any disagreements, i just want a laugh and a chat with folk.
      I agree jim, this site is much more laid back. We disagree on a lot (most) things but so far the debating has been constructive and non personal. I really hope it stays that way..
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

purple
      Quote Originally Posted by Ktee View Post
      At the end of the day I don't think any country is perfect and everyone is entitled to their opinion, for ever person who loves Oz there will be another who hates it and the same goes for the UK, America etc.
      Agreed, 100%!

That being said, now please can we stop with the constant negative talk of how bad one country is compared to another, it's getting really old. After a while it starts to sound like whinging, and I know you "Aussies" hate that
      Wouldn't it be better to just agree that everyone has a different opinion on that, and concentrate on the positives of life and where we live?

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12