Welcome to British Expats Abroad
      Stephi

Tips for living in London?

Hi guys,
      my name is Stephanie and I'm from Germany but right now I'm living in London for 3 months to do an internship and improve my English. Well of course I'm also here to see new things, to get to know the British culture and to make memorable experiences. Maybe some of you, who are from England or the UK could help me while giving me tips what I shouldn't miss? Because I'm a student I can't spend a lot of money and that's why I would prefer some cheap insider tips =)
      I've already visited several sights for instance: the London Zoo, St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower Bridge! On the internet I've found a website named www(dot)discountbritain(dot)net offering 20 % discount on these sights. That's a really good advantage to me because the London sights are very expensive. Maybe you're interested in saving money too, there is also a website for French attractions! (www(dot)smartsavefrance(dot)com)
      So I would be glad about getting some answers from you!

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      Andy Chapman
      Hi Stephi and welcome to the Forum.

What you shouldn't miss is the London Eye if you have never been up & take a wonder in the O2 Arena which is also very close by.

By the way your English is very very good and i praise you for that.

Thanks also for the 2 links they could come in very useful.

Enjoy your 3 months in London & keep in touch and let us know how you get on OK.

Andy

Amyjayne
      Hi Stephi

The great thing about London is that lots of things are free to do. My favourite gallery is the National Gallery (Van Gogh's Sunflowers is there), the portrait gallery is next door, and both are in Trafalgar Square.

From Trafalgar square you can walk down past Downing Street and onto the House of Parliament. Buckingham Palace is also within walking distance and on a nice day St James Park is beautiful to sit in and watch the world go by. All this and you haven't spent a penny! Pick a nice day for it and you'll get some beautiful pictures of your trip x