Welcome to British Expats Abroad
  • View Poll Results: Why are / have you become an expat?

Voters
    47. You may not vote on this poll
    • Better Lifestyle

23 48.94%
    • Better paid job

3 6.38%
    • Weather

5 10.64%
    • Friends & family have moved

3 6.38%
    • Cost of living cheaper

0 0%
    • Don't like the UK any more

5 10.64%
    • Just bored and wanted to try something new!

5 10.64%
    • Retiring

3 6.38%
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What do you look for when moving abroad

Tim

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Tim is on a distinguished road

What do you look for when moving abroad

Interested to know what folk look for when they have decided to upsticks in the UK and move somewhere else.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979
      mollyflanders
      voted

Cal

Title
      Liked
      218 times
      Rep
      Cal will become famous soon enough
      I choose better lifestyle as that was one of our main reasons for moving. Boy did we make the right choice!
      Cal x

Remember the road to success is always under construction...

the rankins
      Hi I am hoping to leave Britain, hopefully very soon. I put down that we are looking for a better life style but I could of ticked a few of those!!!!

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Andy is on a distinguished road
      We wanted a better life style for the kids and ourselves and have succeeded so far. Sold an end terrace x council house and bought an abandoned 25 acre farm which comes with wall to wall sunshine in the summer and 3 foot of snow in the winter. We were fed up with thieves, car scratchers, boy racers, smack heads, and so on but still miss our buddies and family. The UK is still a great country and look forward to traveling back and to.

Evelyn
      Hi Tim.
      I voted but the list is endless mainly as our Daughter is over there and couldn't think of a better place to live when we retire and I have made more fiends over in Aus through visiting and on the Forums UK doesn't seem like home anymore our bodies are here but our hearts and minds are over in Aus.
      Can't wait to move
      Evelyn x

stockies
      Like a few of the others i could have ticked a few.......but I suppose the main would be to have a better quality of life...........Hopefully wont have to wait too much longer as we submitted our visa today.......

Claire. XX

traveller
      Yep - voted for better lifestyle. I thought about clicking on 'weather' but I guess the better weather is part of the overall package. Knowing you can kick back with a beer in an open air bar on Christmas Day and watch the sun go down always lifts the spirits!

jps
      I voted weather,my life style was ok back in the uk really,but once again could of ticked others.
      I do have fresh problems here living in amongst Spanish speaking folk,the language,have been trying to get my head around it for 2yrs,I go to school to learn,but am useless with the lingo :no:
      Sometimes feel bored out of my brains

craig

Thumbs up

i wanted to vote for more than one but i think a better lifestyle is important i also think britain has become an expensive dump to live in and i cant see things improving { dont want to get political ** also nice weather would be nice regards craig

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast