Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Aldo

Thread: WHAT would make you go on strike?

Hoff to Oz

WHAT would make you go on strike?

We had an e-mail sent to us telling us we have already voted for strike action and if the government go ahead with privatising part of the work we do, we might be going out on strike, but we won't be on our own, the big unions are sabre rattling and chomping at the bit, over the pensions and pay freezes and a national strike involving millions is on the cards, so i was wondering........

WHAT would make you go on strike?

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Unfortunately the UK is in the grip of recession. Everyone (including the civil service) needs to do their bit to get the place back on its feet.
      Hoff to Oz likes this.
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Hoff to Oz
      I agree with that, but with 3 years of no pay rises on the table, which most aren't happy about, but have accepted because they know the country is in massive debt, its the pensions situation on top of this thats going to push alot of workers over the edge and this means a 4th year of no pay rise and actually a pay reduction. We are having departments and services farmed out to the private sector and it is all just too much and our union is talking about strike action, which is the last thing i want to do, but what is the alternative?

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      Quote Originally Posted by Broken Briton View Post
      I agree with that, but with 3 years of no pay rises on the table, which most aren't happy about, but have accepted because they know the country is in massive debt, its the pensions situation on top of this thats going to push alot of workers over the edge and this means a 4th year of no pay rise and actually a pay reduction. We are having departments and services farmed out to the private sector and it is all just too much and our union is talking about strike action, which is the last thing i want to do, but what is the alternative?
      It's tough Jim, But be fair the Public sector have had it cushy for years. Ask old pabs if he would like to be working full time with a company pension on what he was getting 4 years ago... I bet he'd bite ya hand off.
      (for those that don't know, pabs is a bricky from liverpool)
      it happens a lot everywhere in the world...

Hoff to Oz
      When times were good the Labour government allowed public sector companies to do what they want and now that things are desperate, we all have to shoulder the burden, but people have had enough already, especially when they see the greedy pig bankers sticking their snouts in the trough anf getting millions of pounds in bonuses, when they were partly to blame for the financial disaster and............... you can fool the masses some of the time, but.............. not all of the time.