Welcome to British Expats Abroad
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Aldo

Thread: Why do you love your adopted country?

Title
      Liked
      504 times
      Rep
      guest3160 is on a distinguished road

Why do you love your adopted country?

As the title says, what do you love about your new home? What makes you stay there? What makes it a better bet than your country of origin?
      I'll go first,

I live in Australia, have done since I left the UK a few years back

I love the weather basically and the great outdoors, the UK cant compare at the moment and the chance to live so well here would not be an option back in the UK we simply couldnt afford this lifestyle there, no sunny hols for us to Europe, with 2 kids in tow its a dear do. So thats wht I love Oz, its a bit like one long holiday and the natives are friendly too. what more could you want?:yes:

So..tell me more about your country

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      859 times
      Rep
      Aldo is on a distinguished road
      I love it here (Spain) because it is so laid back, the mañana syndrome is still alive and kicking and it suits me down to the ground. You can be who ever you want to be here. In my local there are multi millionaires drinking along side people that live in camper vans. You can be sunning your self on a marbella beach and in 15 minutes you could be in the beautiful pine forests in the sierras with scenery that can match anything anywhere in the world.
      I woke up yesterday morning and it was a particularly clear sharp day and from my bedroom terrace i could see the pillars of Hercules (Gibraltar + the riff mountains in Africa) as clear as i'd ever seen them before, I could actually see houses in Africa!!
      I love the buzz of places like Puerto Banus the culture of the old towns and the diversity of the landscape. just to the west of me i have the sierras bermeja
      Name:  sierra-bermeja-mountain.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  31.3 KB and to the east i have la concha part of the sierras de nieves Name:  la-concha.jpg
Views: 2421
Size:  27.6 KB
      Happy as a pig in sh!t me...
      Mind Less likes this.

Title
      Liked
      77 times
      Rep
      twinsmom65 is on a distinguished road
      Hi Tilly, I love my adopted country of Canada as it has been my home for almost 30 years (minus the 2 I spent in Oz lol). I love my country as it is vast and diverse. Canadians are very friendly and down to earth. I love the fact of four full seasons here. The trade off for a bloody cold winter is a beautiful summer... hot and nice change from freezing our asses off. My favourite time of year in Canada is the fall (autumn to you poms and aussies lol).... beautiful warm days (average is around 25 degrees), and the colours on the trees is breathtaking... will have to post a picture for you guys to appreciate it.

I guess with moving to Canada as a teenager, I have fully embraced life here, and consider myself a Canadian through and through.... I enjoyed my time in Australia but at the end of the day, we came back to a place I consider home.... and being away for 2 years has truly opened my eyes to what a wonderful country I am privledged to live in and appreciate it even more.

Cheers

Karen

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road
      Hi Tilly
      Great idea for a thread.
      I love my adopted country, Australia for many reasons. Spent 7 years in Melbourne and loved it down there but now I have really found my dream place (Cairns). It's like living on a tropical island.