Thread: Would you do it again?

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Ktee is on a distinguished road

Would you do it again?

For those that have moved abroad or have moved and gone back, do you have any regrets? Would you do it again?

Personally the way the interest rate has gone and property prices have rocketed we wouldn't make the move if we were to have our time again. If things were the same as they were ten years ago, then yes without a doubt.
      Mad Cow likes this.

2. Moneycorp - Commercial foreign exchange since 1979

Title
      Liked
      79 times
      Rep
      Mad Cow is on a distinguished road
      Couldn't have afforded it today, tbh! We're ok now, not rich, but manage! We just enjoy our lives more here in different ways to the uk! Would we do it again? Yes, definitely, you only live once!
      Ktee likes this.

JAC

Title
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      JAC is on a distinguished road
      Spent many years living in Florida during which time I ran three different businesses. Came back to the UK a couple of years ago due to age/health problems. I would do it again. It is a fantastic life experience to live in another country.
      Ktee and Mad Cow like this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Is the healthcare any good in America? I know I have family who lived in Europe for the last 10 years but they have also gone back to the UK for the healthcare.

JAC

Title
      Liked
      22 times
      Rep
      JAC is on a distinguished road
      The healthcare is fine as long as you have adequate insurance, though no better than elsewhere in the world, I think it is about 37th in the World Health Authority's lists ( France is high up on that, the UK around 18th) The problems come as you get older but not yet at the age to get Medicare and get pre-existing conditions and the insurers put the costs up big time so you can no longer afford the premiums for adequate care. With high blood pressure and chloresterol and having had a breast lump removed
      (fortunately benign) at 59 years old, the premiums for a reasonable standard of healthcare got to be untenable.
      Ktee likes this.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      897 times
      Rep
      Sorry you have had health problems. In Aus they will cover pre existing but you usually have a waiting period of 12 months.